Pratley Slag-Ag® (Slag coagulant for foundary use)
- Skim the slag off molten iron, steel or non-ferrous pouring ladles, thereby minimising scrap resulting from "Slag Inclusions"
- Apply either to the surface of the melt after the ladle is full or place at the bottom and pour metal onto Slag-Ag®.
- Where bottom poured ladles are used, Slag-Ag® thoroughly cleans the metal by transporting impurities to the top where it coagulates them in the slag throughout the pouring operation.
- Reduced energy usage by thermally insulating the molten metal surface
- Inhibits the re-migration of sulphur from the slag back into the melt after desulphurization has taken place.